查文庫>句子> 新來的程式設計師行嗎句子

新來的程式設計師行嗎句子

新來的程式設計師行嗎句子

  SCENE① B 文斯與艾文在男洗手間裡

  【新來的程式設計師行嗎?】

  Vince: 1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?

  文斯: 吉娜找來新的程式設計師行嗎?

  Elvin: I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.

  艾文: 我不願意承認,不過他們很行。而且手腳又快。那菲律賓小子是個天才。

  Vince: So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?

  文斯: 所以你們能趕上Stars.com給的最後期限,我們下星期就能上線運作?

  Elvin: It'll be close, but we'll make it.

  艾文: 時間很緊迫,但我們會趕上的。

  Vince: Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.

  文斯: 好。等Stars.com開始付我們錢之後,我們就不再需要“維康”的現金了。

  Elvin: And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.

  艾文: 而且若我們不需要他們,我們也就不會需要吉娜了。

  語言詳解

  A: Tom is clever,really.

  湯姆真的很聰明。

  B: I know. He's practically a genius.

  我知道。他算得上是天才。

  【be up and running 開始運作】

  be up and running 是指開店運作或是一項計劃付諸實行。

  A: What have you been doing lately?

  你最近在忙些什麼?

  B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.

  呃,我在忙我那衝浪店開店運作的'事宜。很費工的。

  be up and running也可指如汽車等機械元件的開始運作,或是電腦程式、整個系統的運作。

  A: How is the computer program?

  那個電腦程式情況如何?

  B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.

  已開始運作,但我們還要觀察幾個星期以確定沒有問題。

  1) How...work out? ……進展如何?……表現如何?

  2) admit (v.) 承認

  3) Filipino (n.) 菲律賓人

  4) genius (n.) 天才

  5) deadline (n.) 最後期限