查文庫>寓言> 伊索寓言雙語小故事:猴子王

伊索寓言雙語小故事:猴子王

伊索寓言雙語小故事:猴子王

  The Monkey King 猴子王

  All the animals are gathered in the forest. There is going to be a dance contest to pick the king.

  一天森林裡所有的動物都聚集在一起。他們想透過一場跳舞比賽來挑選‘森林之王’。

  Fox: Everyone gets a chance to dance. The best dancer will become the king.

  狐狸:每個人都有跳舞的機會,誰的舞跳得最好,誰就可以當上‘森林之王’。

  Rabbit: Who will be the judge?

  兔子:誰來做裁判呢?

  Fox: All of us, of course. We will pick the best dancer.

  狐狸:當然使我們大家啦。我們要選出跳舞跳得最好的動物。

  Bear: That sounds interesting. I hope I get picked. I want to become the king.

  熊:聽上去蠻有意思的。我希望我能被選上。我想當‘森林之王’。

  Rabbit: Not a chance! You’re a terrible dancer. I saw you dance before. Forget it.

  兔子:別做夢了!你的舞跳得糟透了。我見過你跳舞,你算了吧!

  Bear: Oh, yeah! Well, you’ll be surprised. I have been practicing.

  熊:是嗎?那一會大吃一驚的。我一直在練習。

  Rabbit: Okay. We’ll see about that later.

  兔子:好吧,我們等著瞧。

  Fox: Quiet, ladies and gentlemen! Everybody ready? Let’s start then. Mr. Duck, you go first. Go ahead. Dance!

  狐狸:大家安靜!女士們,先生們!大家都準備好了嗎?我們開始啦!鴨子先生,你先來。請上臺來跳舞!

  Duck: Okay. Let’s go!

  鴨子:好啦,我開始跳啦!

  Mr. Duck dances to the disco. He shakes his bottom from left to right. It looks so funny. All the animals laugh. 鴨子先生跳的是迪斯科。他左右搖擺著屁股。樣子看上去滑稽極了。所有的動物都哈哈大笑。

  Rabbit: Look at Mr. Duck! Look at him dance! Oh, my, my…

  兔子:看看鴨子先生!看他跳舞的樣子!哦,我的天啊…

  Bear: What is he doing? It is so funny. I can’t help laughing. Ah ha ha.

  熊:他幹嘛呢?太好玩了。笑死我了,哈哈哈…

  Fox: Thank you, Mr. Duck. You did well. You may sit down now. Next is Mr. Turtle. Go ahead.

  狐狸:謝謝你,鴨子先生,你跳的很好。現在你可以坐下了。下一位是烏龜先生。請上臺。

  The music is played and Mr. Turtle starts to dance. The music is slow just like Mr. Turtle. Mr. Turtle just moves back and forth. 音樂聲響起,烏龜先生開始跳舞。音樂的節奏和烏龜先生的動作一樣緩慢。烏龜先生只是隨著音樂前後搖擺著。

  Rabbit: What is Mr. Turtle doing? It’s too boring. He is no good.

  兔子:烏龜先生在幹什麼?真無聊。不行,他跳得一點也不好。

  Bear: The music is too slow. It’s no fun.

  熊:音樂的'節奏太慢了。一點兒也不好玩。

  Fox: Thank you, Mr. Turtle. You may go in now. Who’s next? Oh yes, Mr.. Bear. It’s your turn.

  狐狸:謝謝你,烏龜先生。你可以下來了。下一個是誰?哦,對了,是熊先生。輪到你啦。

  Bear: Thank you, Mr. Fox. I’ll try my best. Music please! One, two, cha, cha, cha. Three, four, cha, cha, cha.

  熊:謝謝你,狐狸先生,我會努力的。放音樂!一、二,恰恰恰。三、四,恰恰恰。

  All of the animals are surprised. Mr. Bear dances the Cha Cha. It seems like Mr. Bear has been practicing a lot.

  所有的動物都很吃驚。熊先生居然會跳恰恰舞。看樣子他是有備而來的。

  Fox: Bravo, Mr. Bear! That was great! Next is Miss Rabbit. Give a big hand for Miss Rabbit.

  狐狸:太棒了,熊先生!真是太精彩了!下面有請兔子小姐。讓我們為兔子小姐熱烈鼓掌。

  Everyone claps their hands. Miss Rabbit starts dancing to a cheery tune. Her dance is very cute.

  動物們都在鼓掌。兔子小姐隨著輕快地節奏翩翩起舞。她跳舞的樣子非常可愛。

  Fox: Thank you, Miss Rabbit. That was really cute.

  狐狸:謝謝你,兔子小姐。你跳得美極了。

  Bear: You were very good, Miss Rabbit. You’ll win for sure.

  熊:你跳得真好,兔子小姐。你贏定了。

  Rabbit: I don’t think so, Mr. Bear. You were better.

  兔子:我不這麼想,熊先生。我覺得還是你跳得好。

  Fox: Our final dancer is Mr. Monkey. Okay. Go ahead.

  狐狸:最後一位參賽選手是猴子先生。好的,請猴子先生上場。

  Mr. Monkey dances to techno music. He is better than Miss Rabbit and Mr. Bear. He is the best dancer. Everyone picks Mr. Monkey. 猴子先生選擇的是電子音樂。他的表演比兔子小姐和熊先生還要精彩。他跳得最好。所有的動物都選猴子先生做‘森林之王’。

  Fox: Gather around everyone. A new king is born! Congratulations to Mr. Monkey! You are our NEW KING!

  狐狸:請大家圍成一圈,新的‘森林之王’誕生了!恭喜你猴子先生,你就是我們的新國王。

  Monkey: I knew it!!! I am the KING! You must all obey me from now on!

  猴子:我就知道,我是國王!從現在開始你們都要聽從我的命令。

  All the animals are shocked at Mr. Monkey’s words.

  猴子的話令所有的動物都感到震驚。

  Rabbit: What’s wrong with him?

  兔子:他怎麼了?

  Bear: I don’t know. He must be crazy.

  熊:不知道。我想他一定是瘋了。

  The Monkey King starts ordering the other animals around.

  猴子國王開始對周圍的動物發號施令。

  Monkey: Hey there, Bear. Get me something to eat. Rabbit, get me a drink. Turtle, fan me. Hey Fox, wash my feet.

  猴子:喂,你這隻熊,給我拿點吃的來。兔子,幫我弄點喝的來。烏龜,你給我扇扇子。嘿,狐狸,給我洗腳。

  Every day, the Monkey King becomes more and more haughty. The otheranimals finally can’t take it anymore.

  一天天,猴子國王變得越來越傲慢了。其他的動物再也無法忍受了。

  Fox: Mr. Monkey wasn’t like this before. He used to be nice and humble. He has changed. We should teach him a lesson.

  狐狸:猴子先生以前不是這樣的。他待人和氣又謙遜。現在他變了,我們該給他點教訓。

  Bear: How do we do that?

  熊:我們該怎麼做呢?

  Rabbit: I have an idea.

  兔子:我有一個主意。

  Bear: What is it?

  熊:什麼主意?

  The animals hear Miss Rabbit’s plan. They agree to go ahead with the plan. The next morning, Mr. Fox goes to the Monkey King.

  動物們聽了兔子小姐的計劃,都表示願意參加。 第二天,狐狸先生來到猴子國王的住處。

  Fox: Monkey King, how are you today?

  狐狸:猴子國王,你今天還好嗎?

  Monkey: Not bad.

  猴子:不錯。

  Fox: Are you busy right now?

  狐狸:你現在忙嗎?

  Monkey: No, I’m not. Why?

  猴子:不忙。怎麼啦?

  Fox: Well, I’ll take you to a nice place.

  狐狸:噢,我想帶你去一個好地方。

  Monkey: Really? Where is that?

  猴子:真的嗎?在哪兒?

  Fox: It’s a secret. But there’s lots of delicious food there. Just follow me. All of the other animals are waiting for you.

  狐狸:這是個秘密。不過那兒有好多好吃的東西。你只管跟著我。其他所有的動物都在那兒等你呢。

  Monkey: Well then, let’s go.

  猴子:好吧,我們走吧。

  The Monkey King follows Mr. Fox to a cave.

  猴子國王跟著狐狸先生來到了一個山洞前。

  Monkey: Where is the food?

  猴子:哪有吃的啊?

  Fox: It’s inside the cave, sir. You go inside first.

  狐狸:在山洞裡,大王。你先進去。

  Monkey: Where is the food? Where is everyone? It’s so dark in here.

  猴子:食物在哪裡?其他人在哪兒?這裡好黑啊!

  As soon as the Monkey King goes into the cave, the other animals cover the cave door with rocks. The cave is closed. The Monkey King is locked inside. 猴子國王剛一走進山洞,其他的動物就用石頭把洞口給堵了起來。洞口被封死了。猴子國王被關在了裡面。

  Monkey: Let me out! Let me out! Right now!

  猴子:放我出去!立刻放我出去!

  Rabbit: No way, Mr. Monkey. You have been a bad king! We don’t like you!

  兔子:沒門兒,猴子先生!你是個壞國王!我們不喜歡你!

  Monkey: But I am the king! Do as I say! Open the cave door.

  猴子:但是我是國王!我命令你們!趕快把洞口開啟!

  Fox: Do it yourself. Farewell.

  狐狸:你自己開啟吧。再見。

  Monkey: No, don’t go! Wait! I’ll be a good king from now on. Please,let me out!!!

  猴子:不,別走!等一等!從現在開始我要做個好國王。求求你們,放我出去吧!

  Bear: it’s too late, Mr. Monkey.

  熊:一切都太遲了,猴子先生。

  MORAL: If you act haughty because of your position, no one will like you.

  寓意:若因權貴而傲慢,沒有人會喜歡你